Employment Opportunities at Vision Source of Colby
Optometric Assistant Needed
Join our practice as an Optometric Assistant – we are willing to train!
Vision Source of Colby is seeking an Optometric Assistant. The primary role of the Optometric Assistant is to assist the Optometrist and is involved in direct patient care. This position is full-time and, for the right candidate and if interested, may include responsibilities in a dual role as Vision Therapy Assistant (please see Vision Therapy Assistant job description below).
What makes a great Optometric Assistant?
• Having a passion for helping people of all ages
• Good technical and computer skills and typing speed of at least 50 wpm
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Excellent customer/patient service skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work in both individual and team settings
What experience is required?
We are willing to train strong candidates. Helpful assets include a great aptitude for learning and a
genuine positive outlook. Previous medical or optometric office experience is a plus.
• Pre-testing – utilizing state-of-the-art technology
• Gathering patient and health information
• Assisting Optometrists with eye exams
• Training patients in contact lens insertion and removal
• Assisting receptionists and opticians
• Scheduling and charting
This position is full time (40 hrs per week). Our office hours are Monday thru Friday (8 am – 5 pm) with occasional Saturday mornings. Benefits may include health insurance, cafeteria plan contribution, 401(K) retirement plan, term life insurance, holiday pay and paid personal time off. Eyecare and optical benefits for employee and spouse and/or dependent children are also
We are very busy taking excellent care of our patients, so please no phone calls during business hours. Please email a cover letter and resume along with three work references to Manager at email@example.com (put “Optometric Assistant” in the subject line). Receipt of resume and cover letter will be acknowledged by return email. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Vision Therapy Assistant Needed
Join our practice as a Vision Therapy Assistant – we are willing to train!
Sky’s the Limit Vision Therapy (associated with Vision Source of Colby) is seeking a Vision Therapy Assistant. We are a growing therapy practice in need of an energetic person who is willing to work with children and adults. This position is part-time, averaging 16-24 hours each week. Candidates seeking full-time employment may be considered for a dual role as both Vision Therapy Assistant and an Optometric Assistant (please see Optometric Assistant job description above).
What is Vision Therapy?
Vision Therapy treats visual problems that cannot be helped with glasses or contact lenses alone such as crossed/lazy eyes, binocular disorders, eye focusing disorders, tracking dysfunctions and visual information processing.
What makes a great Vision Therapist?
- Having a passion for helping children and adults reach their potential
- Strong communication skills – clearly communicating exercises and home assignments
- Strong organizational skills
What experience is required?
We are willing to train strong candidates. Helpful assets include Associates degree or higher in education and/or background in similar field (paraprofessional, child development, special education, teaching, etc.)
- Direct patient care with vision therapy evaluations and sessions
- Electronic health record charting for evaluations and sessions
- Scheduling evaluations and sessions
- Assisting with office duties such as making copies and scanning documents
- Assisting with eye examinations
We are very busy taking excellent care of our patients, so please no phone calls during business hours. Please email a cover letter and resume along with three work references to Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org (put “Vision Therapy Assistant” in the subject line). Receipt of resume will be acknowledged by return email. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.